- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ORDER REFERENCES
Red in colour and 1mm thick. A reinforced glass cloth impregnated with Envirograf® intumescent material. Available in 1220mm widths and at any length. The curtain can be fixed to truss areas both timber and steel, or between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings etc. Overlap the joints by 50mm and adhere with the adhesive supplied (one 310m1 tube is supplied with orders up to 10m of curtain plus one extra tube for every additional 10m length or part thereof). FB30 can have doors and openings fitted. Maximum 40 metres on a roll.
- An effective barrier, providing up to 36 minutes integrity- Can be fixed to steel, wood and between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings with Envirograf® metal straps
- Can be wrapped around steel, trunking or wood as a fire barrier
- Non-fibrous and dust free, ideal for use in clean rooms, hospitals and computer suites
- Services can be passed through the curtain – use in conjunction with Envirograf® Products 13 or 16 to provide an effective penetration seal
- If additional insulation is required, please see our Insulated Fire Barrier Curtain (Product 54)
FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
Tested to BS476 Part 22 (1987), achieving 36 minutes integrity and 15 minutes insulation.
Tested to BS476 Part 22 (1987), achieving 22 minutes insulation over Class 0 suspended ceiling horizontally.
Tested to BS476 Parts 6 & 7 (1987) achieving Class 0/1 spread of flame.
Tested to BS476 Part 23 (1987) over light fittings, achieving 46 minutes integrity.
All curtains are supplied with sufficient adhesive for the 50 mm overlap. The adhesive can be applied to one face and pressed together, although it is best to apply a small layer to each face and apply together, giving a much quicker bond. Just hold together for approximately 1 minute, to allow the adhesive to grip. 1 litre of Adhesive is sufficient for 50 metres of curtain. Should the Curtain be installed in a windy area, Envirograf ST50 or ST75 Class 0 Adhesive Tape can be applied over the glued joint to hold it more securely while the Adhesive dries. For fixing the top, bottom and ends of the Curtain; for timber supports use Envirograf FB/T Battens, fixed through to the timber with 30 mm large head clout nails. For concrete, block or brick fixing, use FB/C Metal Straps – 25 mm wide, with 2 mm holes every 300 mm apart. These can be fixed with spit nails, screws, pop rivets (steel) or self tapping screws to the steel work.
Where cutting around services is required:
- Wrap around the service with a section of the curtain and adhere together using the adhesive
- Cut a cross – X – in the barrier to allow the service through. Once the service is wrapped,
adhere the cut area of the curtain to the wrapped service
- If necessary, fit a patch over the curtain with the adhesive, using a section of curtain as the
Please use the links below to download relevant information as PDF documents: