- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ORDER REFERENCES
A 1mm thick reinforced glass cloth coated with yellow Envirograf® intumescent coating on one face. Available in 1220mm widths. For use on steel and timber trusses and between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings. Overlap the joints by 50mm and adhere with the adhesive supplied (one 310m1 tube is supplied with orders up to 10m of curtain plus one extra tube for every additional 10m length or part thereof). Maximum 40m per roll.
- An effective barrier, providing up to 81 minutes integrity- Can be fixed to steel, wood and between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings with Envirograf® metal straps
- Can be wrapped around steel, trunking or wood as a fire barrier
- Non-fibrous and dust free, ideal for use in clean rooms, hospitals and computer suites
- Services can be passed through the curtain – use in conjunction with Envirograf® Products 13 or 16 to provide an effective penetration seal
- If additional insulation is required, please see our Insulated Fire Barrier Curtain (Product 54)
FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
Tested to BS476 Part 22 (1987), achieving 81 minutes integrity and 22 minutes insulation.
All curtains are supplied with sufficient adhesive for the 50 mm overlap. The adhesive can be applied to one face and pressed together, although it is best to apply a small layer to each face and apply together, giving a much quicker hold. Just hold together for approximately 1 minute, to allow the adhesive to grip. 1 litre of Adhesive is sufficient for 50 metres of curtain. Should the Curtain be installed in a windy area, Envirograf ST50 or ST75 Class 0 Adhesive Tape can be applied over the glued joint to hold it more securely while the Adhesive dries. For fixing the top, bottom and ends of the Curtain: For timber supports use Envirograf FB/T Battens, fixed through to the timber with 30 mm large head clout nails. For concrete, block or brick fixing, use FB/C Metal Straps – 25 mm wide, with 2 mm holes every 300 mm apart. These can be fixed with spit nails, screws, pop rivets (steel) or self tapping screws to the steel work.
Where cutting around services is required:
- Wrap around the service with a section of the curtain and adhere together using the adhesive
- Cut a cross – X – in the barrier to allow the service through. Once the service is wrapped,
adhere the cut area of the curtain to the wrapped service
- If necessary, fit a patch over the curtain with the adhesive, using a section of curtain as the
Please use the links below to download relevant information as PDF documents:
|REF||PER LINEAR METRE|
|FB70/1220||1220mm 81 minutes rating|
ACOUSTIC FB70 FIRE BARRIER CURTAIN
|REF||PER LINEAR METRE|
|FB70/1220/AC||1220mm wide 16½ mm thick 81 minutes rating|
FIXING BATTEN MATERIALS FOR FB30 & FB70
For steel, timber or concrete or suspended ceilings fixing.
RECTANGULAR METAL FIXING PLATES FOR FB30 & FB70
Pre-drilled metal plates for ease of fixing.
|FB/FP||30mm x 40mm|
Where the curtain is in contact with T-bars, we can supply a U-clip which enables the curtain to be folded over the T-bar and U-clips pressed onto T-bars with pliers.
|FB/CLIP3||For suspended ceilings fit one every 500mm|
|TB||Turn Button Clip for making door openings|
White adhesive tape for joints and around services.
|ST50||50mm wide 50m roll|
|ST75||75mm wide 50m roll|
Fireproof adhesive is supplied for the 50mm overlap joints – brush applied. If extra is required, order the following:
|FPA/WT||Fire proof adhesive (water-based) 310ml|
|FPA/W||Fire proof adhesive (water-based) per litre|
See Product 137 for aerosol spray adhesive 500ml (HI-TAK)