- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ORDER REFERENCES
This range comprises three types of very economical foil-clad intumescent wraps for pipes and cables. Use around pipes or cables in brick or block walls, and in concrete floors. Also for use with Products 4, 5, and 6. The wrap is pushed into the hole, leaving a 10mm gap back from the wall face for pointing with sand and cement or slab coating. The wraps will seal the void around PVC pipes and cables, and cool steel pipes when attacked by fire – an economical way to protect services. A label is supplied to adhere to treated pipes or cables for identification to the relevant authorities. See also Envirograf® Products 25 & 110 for cable and pipe protection. The products offer up to 4 hours’ protection. Please state the required protection period when ordering.
- Used for fire-stopping gaps around cables and pipes from 15mm-600mm diameter as they pass through block and brickwork walls, floors or ceilings
- Will crush melting PVC or UPVC pipes/cables in a fire, filling the gap to prevent fire and smoke spreading
- Provides effective insulation for metal pipes, absorbing the heat from the pipe to prevent it from spreading through the structure
- 25mm wraps will provide 1 hour protection, 30mm wraps will provide 3 hours protection, 50mm and 100mm wraps will provide 3-4 hours
- Available in a continuous 10m roll which can be cut to size to fit services of practically any diameter
- Range also includes a repair kit which can be used to fill small openings around existing services, offering up to 2 hours fire resistance
- Materials will not degrade, lasting a lifetime in-situ
FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
Tested to BS476 Parts 20/21/22 (1987) on sealing penetrations of various pipes passing through different types of floors and walls, achieving integrity results of up to 249 minutes.
Tested at VNE to European Standard EN1363-1 (2000).
Wrap around the pipe or cable at the point where it passes through the wall, floor or ceiling The attached adhesive strip is then used to fix both ends of the wrap together Push the wrap into the hole around the service, leaving 10mm protruding from the wall face which can be pointed around as required.
Please use the links below to download relevant information as PDF documents:
|REF||PIPE SIZE INTERNAL DIAMETER||INTERNAL WRAP DIAMETER||EXTERNAL WRAP DIAMETER|
|EW215||175 or 200mm||215mm||243mm|
Available with fire ratings :
1 hour rating – 25mm depth; 3 hours rating – 30mm – 50mm depth; 4 hours rating – 50mm – 100mm depth
NB: EW—/1 = 1 hour; EW—/3 = 3 hours; EW—/4 = 4 hours