- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ORDER REFERENCES
IMPORTANT: ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE STOCKS LAST – PRODUCT RANGE TO BE DISCONTINUED.
A polyurethane foam emitting virtually no fumes or gases when affected by flame. The can contains 2 liquids, which mix when leaving the can and expand by absorbing moisture from the air. It expands to 40 times its original volume on application. Available in environmentally friendly spray cans. For fitting around awkward openings and around services, and behind door frames, without taking off architrave, and behind window frames. For sealing services, such as pipes and cables passing through the foam, use Envirograf® Product 110. Use Envirograf® solvent cleaner to clean the tube afterwards.
- Emits virtually no toxic fumes or gases- Integrity not affected by UV exposure
- Designed for application by tube or standard industrial trigger gun
- PVE/A/S solvent must be used in conjunction with this product in order to effectively clean application equipment after use
- Can be used to fill awkward or small openings around services, or as a filling material for door and window frames
FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
Tested at BTC, achieving 123 minutes integrity in a 1 hour rated plasterboard wall with gaps up to 30mm.
Tested to BS476 Part 22 (1987), achieving an integrity of 130 minutes.
The following procedures should be adopted when using PVE/A Foam.
- The can and its contents should always be at a temperature above 5°C to react properly
- Shake the can well until the contents are uniformly mixed and the sound of liquid material can be heard
- Remove the white protective cap on top of the can and screw on the plastic dispensing tube
- Hold the can with the valve and dispensing tube pointing down and press the valve firmly BUT carefully – NOTE: Take care to point the tube into the area to be filled with foam.
- PVE/A Foam should be dispensed to almost fill gaps, holes or cracks, and left to expand to fill the spaces completely during the curing process
- Initial cure to a tack free condition takes about 10 minutes and PVE/A Foam is ready to be cut in its cured state after 30 minutes
- Only use PVE/A Foam to fill gaps with widths between 5 and 50 mm
- For maximum adhesion to any surface always dampen the surface before applying PVE/A Foam
- Use in applications where the temperature range is between -40°C and 80°C
- If one surface contains no dampness or humidity, the gap to be filled should not exceed 30mm
- When using for fixing windows or in other building applications, the components should always be well supported
- Surfaces to which PVE/A Foam is applied should always be above 0°C to cure effectively
- Surfaces should always be free from grease or oil as well as being well dampened
Please use the links below to download relevant information as PDF documents:
|PVE/A||750ml with tube (when purchased per whole case of 12 cans minimum order)|
|PVE/A||750ml with tube (additional single cans)|
|PVE/A/G||750ml for use with industrial gun (when purchased per whole case of 12 cans minimum order)|
|PVE/A/G||750ml for use with industrial gun (additional single cans)|
|IND GUN||Industrial trigger release for aerosol can|
PVE/A Cleaner. Essential when using PVE/A Foam. A solvent cleaner in cans to spray over the head of the can and through the tube to clean the residue, so that the rest of the foam is not wasted. The cleaner can also be used immediately for removing PVE/A foam off walls, clothes, etc.
|PVE/A/S2||500ml solvent cleaner for PVE/A/G|
PVE/A can be supplied with a red face coating and labels, to notify all building control/fire officers that it is a fire-proof polyurethane foam. This is supplied in ½ litre pots and can be applied by brush.
|REF||½ LITRE POT|
|PVE/RC||Red coating (½ litre)|