- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ORDER REFERENCES
A ready-mixed, ready-to-use, finely-ground putty substance which remains flexible until cured. Ideal for patching and repairs to firebricks. fireplaces, solid fuel ovens, ranges. boilers, and around register plates. Not to be used in permanent contact with water. Tested to 1250oC. which is well in excess of any domestic applications.
- Can be used as an easy-to-clean, water and oil resistant outer surface
- Remains flexible at high and low temperatures
- For bonding and sealing between a wide range of materials such as metal, glass, ceramic, concrete, stone, clay and glass fibre
- Ideal for heat-proofing, sealing and making water-tight pipes, cables and exhausts
- SIL/T silicone tape seal is ideal for sealing gaps between flues on the back of boiler plates, amongst other applications
FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
All surfaces must be clean and dry and free from dirt, dust, grease and other contamination. Light abrasion of the surfaces to be bonded will improve the adhesion. Apply the adhesive from the cartridge, forcing it onto the area to be sealed, then immediately tool it down to ensure good adhesion. Complete tooling within 5-10 minutes. When bonding materials, apply a bead of adhesive to one surface and immediately combine the two parts, applying pressure to ensure good surface contact. Application equipment should be cleaned with warm water after use. It is necessary to fully dry the product before subjecting to temperatures above 100oC to prevent gassing and likely failure of the seal/bond. Allow to air dry for 36-48 hours, after which gentle heat can be gradually applied. The dried product can be removed with boiling water.
Please use the links below to download relevant information as PDF documents: